Our 2018 calendar has been finalised and we can confirm the season’s calendar as follows:
- 7th April @ Snetterton 200, Norfolk
- 6th May @ Silverstone International, Northamptonshire
- 2nd June @ Oulton Park, Cheshire
- 22nd to 24th June @ Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
- 14th July @ Brands Hatch Indy, Kent
- 18th August @ Thruxton, Hampshire
- 19th August @ Brands Hatch Indy Festival Italia, Kent
- 16th September @ Donington Park National, Derbyshire
- 6th October @ Mallory Park, Leicestershire
- 19th to 21st October @ Magny-Cours, France
- 27th October @ Silverstone Historic Grand Prix (Provisional), Northamptonshire
- 26th December @ Mallory Park Plum Pudding (Provisional), Leicestershire
Last year we took part in two series of the Classic Sports Car Club, namely the Future and Modern Classics series. For this year we have decided to compete only in the Modern Classics series designed for cars produced in the 1990’s. We took this decision for a number reasons including;
- Logistically, JJ Performance are running an awesome sounding Holden GTS in the New Millennium series and the Modern Classics is on the same day
- The competitiveness within Modern Classics is better
- But most importantly, the cars competing are not one-off specials but normal production cars which one can compete realistically against in the dry
We will also be competing in one off events with other clubs such as Motor Sports Vision, the 750 Motor Club and the British Racing & Sports Car Club.
This year’s calendar visits some great circuits throughout the UK featuring the super fast Thruxton, a double visit to both Silverstone and Brands Hatch as well as the location of our second ever win at Donington Park. The season opens at Snetterton in just a few weeks time using the traditional “200” layout suited for fast high-powered cars. The visit to Oulton Park in Cheshire will be our first and we were gutted to miss the event last year due to a clash of diaries. Even more so when it ended up being a very wet race… The highlights have to be our continental visits to Belgium where we hope to start at least one race as well as our first ever visit to Magny-Cours in central France.
As always, everyone is welcome to come and watch with prices varying from free (at Spa) to at the most £13 for an adult. We are always happy to talk to visitors in the paddock and show the car off in all of its glorious detail.
Don’t forget to check out our 2017 Season Review videos with John from JJ Performance:
- Part 1: http://youtu.be/7JqrA2tOGds
- Part 2: http://youtu.be/TRC7L_aRlb8
- Part 3: http://youtu.be/wxZCdJlJ7as
- Part 4: http://youtu.be/bCZqcIXSxPM
Love reading your blog and learning what you’ve been doing – are you still going to be at Oulton Park in June 2nd ? I might come to watch,and as an Integrale fan and owner you are the main attraction !!
Hi Joe. The plan is still to go to Oulton Park but we don’t yet have a working engine so concider it very tentative. I will let you know either way via email and will also update the Facebook page accordingly. Regards, Richard.